Vega Mark I - II & III

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Moderator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Moderator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vega Mark I - II & III
    Posted: 25 May 2011 at 20:34

Mark I 1967 - 1971

Fitted with the Albin 021/022 petrol Engine.

Engine Exhaust in the centre of the transom near the waterline.

Have a cylindrical tank in the starboard locker.

Overhanging lip by themainsheet track. Lower engine bearers to accept the smaller Albin 021/022 Petrol Engine. Stern tube at 8 degree downwards angle. Slight cosmetic differences inside.

Narrow cockpit coaming. Glass porthole on bridgedeck for internal compass above the engine. Back cushions in two parts covering the concealed lockers.

Mark II 1971 - 1976

Fitted with Volvo MD6A (Dynastart) or MD6B (Starter motor).

Have a plastic keel tank.

Some of the earlier Vegas of this series used the last of the Series I top moulds so look cosmetically like a Series I (V1499 is a prime example).

Higher engine bearers to accept the Volvo engine. A few have odd height bearers thus giving a 5 degree lean to one side. 

Stern tube at 12 degrees incline. Back cushions in two parts covering the concealed lockers. Engine Exhaust on the starboard part of the transom near the waterline.

Mark III 1977 - 1978

Fitted with Volvo MD7A. Starter motor (no Dynastart).

Very late Series II and Series III had a stainless tank in the port locker.

Wide cockpit coamings so you dont get a sore bum whilst heeling on long tacks. Many cosmetic changes inside. 

The anti-slip areas are of a much coarser appearance. Back cushions run the length of the main saloon bunks. Engine Exhaust on the starboard part of the transom near the waterline.

Edited by Moderator - 17 Dec 2011 at 09:51
 Post Reply Post Reply